- Indian Meteorological Department has forecast a wet spell over Northwest India for the next three days. The Department also said isolated heavy rainfall is very likely over Tamil Nadu, Mahe of Puducherry and Kerala during the next three to four days.
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya has said that only a healthy nation can become a developed nation.
- World Students Day is being celebrated on Sunday in the country to mark birth anniversary of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, the 11th president of the country. Dr APJ Abdul Kalam also known as the ‘Missile Man’ of India was born on the 15th of October, 1931, in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu.
- An earthquake of magnitude 3.1 on the richter scale struck Delhi-NCR on Sunday, the National Centre for Seismology (NCS) informed.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah is likely to hold high-level review of developmental works and security situation of Jammu and Kashmir in New Delhi on October 26.
- Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha dedicated the 31st edition of “Awaam ki Awaaz” programme to the women change-makers of the Union Territory.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will be arriving in poll-bound Mizoram today on a three-day visit.
- The Congress party released its first list of 144 candidates for the upcoming Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections on Sunday.
- BRS Chief & Telangana CM, K Chandrasekhar Rao released the party manifesto for state assembly elections on Sunday.In the manifesto, BRS has assured:
|a) An implementation of Soubhagya Lakshmi scheme under which all eligible women will be given 3,000 rupees allowance every month.|
(b) An increase of the incentive under the ongoing Rythu Bandhu scheme to 16,000 rupees per year per acre.
(c) An increase of social welfare pensions to 5,000 rupees and for Divyangs to 6,000 rupees.
(d) Cooking gas cylinders to all eligible families at a cost of 400 rupees.
- Andhra pradesh CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy is visiting Visakhapatnam and Anakapalli districts on Monday and inaugurating several projects with high employment potential.
- Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah Sunday said the state’s farmers have suffered losses amounting to ₹30,000 crore due to drought this year.
- As part of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, the Union ministry of education has planned to create ‘One Nation, One Student ID’ called ‘Automated Permanent Academic Account Registry (APAAR) for every student from pre-primary to higher education. This is in addition to the 12-digit Aadhaar ID that every student has.
- Former chief election commissioner Manohar Singh Gill dies after brief illness. He served as chief election commissioner between December 1996 and June 2001.